The mission of the Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce Foundation is to provide support for the educational, cultural, civic, and scientific undertakings in the area through the support of projects of the Chamber of Commerce and other business-related endeavors.
The Chamber Foundation selects and supports projects that:
- Promote and enhance leadership, individual involvement, and community development.
- Promote economic growth and area employment opportunities.
- Provide for advancement and understanding of economic principles and career alternatives.
The Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce Foundation is considered to be a public charity as determined by section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Therefore, the Foundation is eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
Members of the Board of Directors of the Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce are automatically appointed members of the Foundation Board. A Foundation Committee is appointed each year to review funding requests and make recommendations to the full Foundation Board. The Foundation Board will consider grant requests in January and July of each year.
In order to utilize its resources wisely, the Chamber Foundation has established the following guidelines:
- The Foundation considers grants to Chamber committees or for special projects as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Geographically, grants are limited to benefit the greater Holland/Zeeland area.
- The Foundation does not make grants for capital items.
- Grants must reflect the mission of the Chamber Foundation.
- Proposals will be considered at Foundation Board meetings in January and July each year.
To apply online, click here.