• Family Owned Business Affinity Group Meeting 04/18/19

    • Share:
    •  
    Name: Family Owned Business Affinity Group Meeting 04/18/19
    Date: April 18, 2019
    Time: 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM EDT
    Registration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.
    Event Description:

     

    Leading a Family Business with Emotional Intelligence 

    Family business leaders must be especially astute at managing emotions in order to succeed both at home and at work.  In this discussion, we will understand what Emotional Intelligence (EI) is and how critical it is for running a family owned business well.  We will explore the skills that can be developed to raise EI and talk about how to come up with a plan to lead with those skills more effectively.
     
    IQ accounts for less than 20% of a person's success at work.  That leaves more than 80% up to other factors.  Some of that is education and experience, but the majority of those success factors are related to EI.  IQ gets you the job and EI is what helps you thrive and succeed in that job.  Imagine how important EI is for your family owned business when the major factor that gets you the job is that you're simply part of the family.  


    Presenter Bio: 

    Dr. Andrew Gorter, D.Min., PCC, is the president and owner of Plus One Coaching LLC.  He has over 25 years of experience working with people who want to gain effectiveness in their business and life and move forward with clarity, courage and confidence.  Through Plus One Coaching he has brought together his passions for leadership, coaching and relationships in order to coach leaders and work teams, consult with family businesses and teach coaching on faculty with Professional Christian Coaching Institute.  He holds a doctorate in Marriage and Family Therapy and is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of Michigan.  Early in his career he pastored two churches before launching a non-profit counseling practice that he ran for16 years.  He is credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF) at the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) level and is a member of the Christian Coaches Network International (CCNI).  Andrew and his wife, Karen, live in Holland and have two adult daughters who are both married and raising their own families.
     

    Don't forget to join our Facebook Group!

    Event Sponsors:
    Location:
    West Coast Chamber of Commerce - Learning Lab
    272 E 8th Street, Holland, MI 49423
    Date/Time Information:
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 
    8:00 am - 9:30 am


     
    Contact Information:
    Colleen Schipsi
    Fees/Admission:
    $10 Member 
    $20 Non-Member 

    Cancellations not received 48 hours prior to event will be charged.
    Set a Reminder:
    Enter your email address below to receive a reminder message.

  • The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web. 
    By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.