October NewsletterOctober 25, 2019
October 2019 Newsletter Dear Friends of Mosaic Counseling, We, at Mosaic Counseling, have known for a while that the need for affordable and accessible counseling is growing beyond what we could have imagined. Our phones are ringing “off the hook.” We have expanded the time that our wonderful staff person, Karen, is answering phones and scheduling intakes. (Intakes are an important part of who we are. We match everyone to the therapist right for them). Everyone is pitching in, because we do not want to be the place that has a wait list.
Unlike the days when I began as Executive Director and did all of the intakes, I only do approximately eight a month now. Yet, we average 35 to 40 intakes a week.
However, in a week’s time from a Friday to Friday recently, I personally did 20 intakes.
What did I learn?
- Everything stops at Mosaic when a person is in need of mental health services.
- There is nothing more important than the brave people who call our office, and making sure that they get the help they deserve right away.
- There is a lot of hurting people in our community, and sometimes they come to us with shame and embarrassment. We can help them with the hope and healing, but we all, as a community can help with the shame. Let’s not make people feel “less than” when they need help from a professional.
- I pass out a lot of prayer shawls. Amazing women at First Presbyterian Church, Grand Haven knit prayer shawls and have given them to us for years. It does not matter a person’s religious affiliation, if any. Giving a person something to wrap around their shoulders when they go home is a beautiful gift to give someone. I like to tell them that they are part of our family now.
Sarah Lewakowksi, MA, LLP
Let's Talk Revenue and Presenting Issues The number of clients seeking mental health services at Mosaic in the first six months of 2019 has doubled from the previous year. Mosaic is able to turn every $1 donated into $3 worth of services, so all revenue raised is leveraged to the highest level possible. Being good stewards of all funds received is of upmost importance to us, because currently, those funds need to stretch twice as far to meet the current demand. Presenting issues in 2019 are pretty much the same as in 2018. Depression and stress are still the biggest presenting issues demanding the needed counseling. Just these two areas affect everyone. Whether in the workplace, in schools, or individuals' daily living, the impact of these presenting issues is something we are helping people with constantly, and more now than ever before. Give Now! Upcoming Events Register today to attend these great events!
You will have FUN participating, and help raise needed funding so we are
able to continue to NEVER turn anyone away!
Events such as these listed below are an important piece of our funding chart
shown above, because they support ALL our services,
and overall IMPACT in YOUR community!
"Let Your Colors Shine"
Fashion Show Event Fundraiser
So much more than a Fashion Show! 100% of proceeds to benefit our School Outreach Program and Suicide Prevention Training (QPR).
- Date: Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Time: 6:00pm (Doors open at 5:30pm)
- Location: PortoBello / Grand Ballroom - Grand Haven
- General Admission: $60 ea.
- VIP Admission: $100 ea. (Includes front row seating, champagne or non-alcoholic lavender lemonade upon arrival, and unique swag bag!)
Admission tickets are also available for purchase at the following businesses hosting this great event!
Fundraiser event hosted by:
Buffalo Bob's / Down to Earth / Earth's Edge
"Taste & Tour: Pizza Party" Fundraiser
Join us and Eastbrook Homes at Lincoln Pines, for their 3rd Annual Taste & Tour Event! Enjoy complimentary delicious Jet’s Pizza and drinks, while touring new showcase homes! The event is FREE to attend, but all donations are appreciated because Eastbrook Homes will match up to $10,000 in donations for each non-profit!
- Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Time: 4:00-7:00pm
- Location: 13043 Wildview Dr., Lincoln Pines, Grand Haven
Click here to view a fun video!
Fundraiser event hosted by:
GAME ON! Join us for a tailgating themed event to get your spirit primed for the upcoming...
MICHIGAN -vs- MI STATE GAME!
Let's "Kick-Off" to Better Mental Health!
Sponsorship packages are available now!
Give Now! Support Group Schedule Are you looking for a way to connect with others to talk through sensitive issues? Please click here to view a current schedule of our support groups meetings. Interested in hosting an event to benefit Mosaic Counseling? Click here to connect with us! Thank you!Contact:Ann Baarman, Director of Development(616) 842-9160
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.